April 4, 2008

Bad news.I only have a minute here to update. we need prayers again. Belle has bitten the baby in the neck. I don't know if he can be saved, but we are off to the vet this morning. Belle keeps trying to get to the kitten and trying to carry him off, but obviously I can't let her. I have to go now. Will update later this day.

* Update *

MiniBoy in his new bed



Went to the vet, they say the bite is superficial and since he is so small they can't do anything for it. They said to give him Antibotics twice a day, and to keep him warm. Since MommaBelle is too exessive when it comes to moving him around, I'm keeping the little miniboy with me. During the day I will hunt down Belle and supervise little miniboy's feeding times and hopefully we won't have to switch to me handrearing him. In order to keep him snug and warm, I have him in an old tuperware type container with a washcloth on the bottom and a washcloth on top of him, with his head out so he can breath. He was in my pocket but anytime I would bend over or move differently it would make him squirm till he about fell out of the pocket. So I've now got a lucky miracle mini tupperware boy.

*Updated again*

I don't know why, but the little boy kitten has passed on. It could have been from the bite wound, though the vet seemed to think it wasn't very serious. It could have been from an underlying genetic problem. I will never know. But I want to take this time to thank everyone who has been so kind and supportive during this difficult time.

I also want to take this as a horrible life lesson and example and hold it up to all those who think about letting their kitty have just one litter before being spayed. True you might have a wonderful experience or you could have a tragic and expensive lesson. The responsible thing to do is to get your cat or dog spayed/neutered at or before 6 months of age. And if you wait too long, you'll end up with a litter. I wish that I could have had these kittens live a good long life and have great forever families, instead they got called back to heaven a little early.

I'm going to take a few days off from blogging. I'll probably have one of the cats blog again on wednesday. Thank you again to all who sent such nice thoughts and prayers.

11 comments:

  1. Sending lots of purrs to little Lucky/ Miracle boy! Hope all goes for the best for the both of them.

    Purrrrs, Tamra & Griffin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mama kittens often try to hide their babies. I grew up on a farn and if we didn't leave the babies alone the Mother would hide them. They carry them by the neck...was Belle trying to carry the baby some place else...more private and quiet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. SECURITY CENTER: See Please Here

    ReplyDelete
  5. purr & pray for the kitten.



    chi wan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so very sad... My thoughts and purrs are with you all, though I think that mommaBelle could do with a serious talking to, I feel for her at this time... She'll probably be very confused and upset and it will take time for her to get over this and return to normal. So Napoleon please make sure that Belle gets lotsa love and is made to feel better at this dreadful time for her. As for your Momma, she needs love too and lots of purrs, she's a wonderful Momma and her words of wisdom are so true! Many cats are not fit and ready to be mommas and it can cause a lot of heart ache when it happens. Unless you plan to breed a cat properly it is always best to spay and neuter! Yes that means you too Napoleon are better off as a neutered boy, so be glad your Momma got your doodars removed when she did... ;) My bother Ramses is a happier cat since he got the snip and has turned from an unhandleable beast into the sweetest Uncle, brother and general cuddle cat! :)

    Purrs,
    Isis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear...I haven't been awound and I've just seen the news. Purrs for all of you. Do not feel too sad, you've done all you can for the kitties. Purrrrrrrsss....

    ReplyDelete
  8. once again with a heavy heart and tears in my eyes I send you my condolences on the the passing of mini-boy. I had hoped and prayed so hard that he would thrive and be the little miracle we were all wishing for. Words cannot express how saddened I am. my prayers and sympathies are with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am heartbroken for you. Truly. Purrs to all of you, especially the littles who have passed to the bridge.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry to hear about the kitten. Purring for you.

    ReplyDelete