Sept. 2, 2008

Introducing Keera





Author: Momma

I know, I know, I told you I would blog once a week...and here it is forever and a day later! lol. I thought I would update you all a little bit.

Napoleon still hasn't come home. Gunner went to the vet and got nuetered, he was not amused! I have recently adopted a new kitten, after much thought I finally settled on the name Keera. She is a tuxie kitty with what appears to be long hair. We'll have to see as it grows out and she grows up wether it stays long or not. Napoleon when he was a kitten looked like he would have fluffier fur, but he ended up short hair.

Oh, a little about Keera... she was from a rescue. I guess the people who had her before didn't take care of their cats and finally gave up and took them to someone who would care for them and get them good homes. Keera had most of her whiskers cut. I'm sure they will grow out again, the few she has that weren't cut are incredibly long. She is also very very skinny. She had tapeworms and was untreated until just recently. Poor baby! When you hold her you can feel every bone in her body. But when you hold her she begins to purr. She sounds like a motorboat. She loves to cuddle and be held and she is vocal if she can't find you. I've only had her for a few days and she is already use to Gunner and Raowr.

Raowr was not happy at first about Keera, but within 24 hours has started wanting to play with her. Of course Keera is about 1/3 the size of Raowr so she is a little intimidated by her...but they curl up together to sleep now in grandma's lap.

In a few days I'll be adopting another cat from the rescue place. I saw this siamese mix there and they said she was pregnant, I was interested in adopting one of her babies...but then when I started thinking about it..the babies always get adopted easy, its the moms that have a hard time finding a good home. On the plus side, it turns out she isn't pregnant..just fat! So once she is done being in heat, I'll be bringing her home.

The siamese is named Luna, but I probably won't keep that name...I'll watch her and play with her and see what name jumps out at me based on her personality. In case your wondering, Keera means darkness or black...and its a pretty sounding name. :)

2 comments:

  1. Keera is very lucky to find a good home with you. She is adorable!!

    Hugs & Purrs,
    Sammy, Festus &Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keera is beautiful! She is so lucky to have a caring fur ever home with you.

    ReplyDelete