November 3, 2006

Another picture of the mystery Meezer when she met MeiLin.






Good mews everybody! The mystery Meezer was on my neighbors porch when I returned home today!!! She started meowing up a storm once she realised the food provider was back...lol. I had my 2 cats, plus Pepper already on my front porch bawling for food, so I put theirs out then braved the pouring rain to lure Mystery Meezer over to my house. I put food down a safe distance from the other kitties and she started eating right away. Looks like I have two wayward souls to feed in addition to my three faithful companions this winter. I'll just buy an extra bag of food each month. I can't take on the vet responsiblities of two more kitties but its my hope that if no one claims the Mystery Meezer I can adopt her out to a new wonderful home. I'm still working on getting the neighbor to give up Pepper so I can place him with another home, specially since they never ever feed him, but the only way they will give him up is if I keep him forever( so the kids could still play with him without responsibility is my guess), and I just can't afford all the shots, and neutering of four kitties. I know my financial limit is three cats, though I do take in strays frequently and feed them up to a good weight and then adopt them out to new homes. But the annual vet bill of four or more is just a bit more then I can handle. I'd have 15 kitties, if I could afford it. :)
The Mystery Meezer is very friendly to other people, but not to other kitties...so she'd have to go to a 1 pet only home. But other then being thin, she appears to be in good health. About the same age as MeiLin maybe a month or so older, but under a year old.

4 comments:

  1. we're furry glad ta here that The MM was safe and waiting for you. all the kitties seem to know what a good purrson you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear another poor little kitty found a rescuer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to hear he was there. its nice of you to take care of him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yup, you have the feline equivalent of the hobo sign for "you can get a good meal here" scratched on your house somewhere. that proves kitties are smart, 'cause they know when somebody good will take care of them--like you. may g*d bless you always for your kindness to the lost and strayed!! we know you'll do your best for efurry one that comes your way.

    purrs & headbutts,

    nels, ed, nitro, & xing lu (who doesn't like other cats either, but manages to co-exist with the woofers and dirtyboycats;-)

    ReplyDelete