Nov 16, 2007

Oooh, goodie, a box!!!!


Author: Belle

Momma has boughten us a squillion toys, but we like what the toys come in better sometimes!! Boxes are so great, they are fun to pounce into and sniff and of course to put the bitey on!!

As you can tell from this picture, the new kitten has stopped putting her back fur up and growling at us so much. She is very funny though, cause she will put the smack-down on Napoleon. He is getting really rough and tough since he thinks he is a mancat now. But little itty bitty new kitty doesn't put up with that at all!!

Momma hasn't officially named the new one yet, but she is kinda calling her Little Raowr. If you say it out loud it sounds kind of like a meow/roar combination. So little Raowr has been here a few days. No one has called about her, or even emailed. Momma thinks this is another kitten that got dumped. Its a very bad group of people that think the kittens are getting forever homes, some of them don't get found and get eaten by critters out in the woods! Momma sadly knows this cause when she first moved here, her kitty GingerSnap got killed. She was very sad and then she had to hand raise Gingersnaps babies.
(gross stuff coming up, jump the paragraph if you is sensitive or squeamish)

Its good she has alot of experience with different, ummm, kitty outputs. She is wondering if Little Raowr's poo is loose cause of the switch in diet or if its an underlying illness. She thinks she might have to take her to the vet if it doesn't resolve in a few days. Its definetly not watery or uncontrollable, which Momma thanks heavens for...but its not normal. She is making sure to scoop our litterbox daily and keeping an eye on everyone.

(Ok, you can look now)
Little Raowr is a little underweight, not emaciated, but definetly needs a better quality kitty food then what her previous owners were feeding her. Her fur isn't as sleek and shiny and healthy looking as mine is. Even the stinkyfurball known as Napoleon has better looking furs then Little Raowr does. Now that the newcomer isn't hissing all the time, I might get a chance to start grooming her and maybe her furs will look better. Plus the all you can scarf food buffet with yummy foods should help. Of course, as the senior girl kitty I still eat first. Everyone else waits till I'm done. :)

6 comments:

  1. raowr is a fab name for a little kitty! I do hope a better diet will sort out her stomach troubles. I bet she will settle in fine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is very cute, I hope her tummy troubles resolve quickly. Probably best to go to the VET anyway since as your mom knowns, kittens are just prone to icky stuff.

    Latte

    ReplyDelete
  3. ise just caught up on the blogs cos selfish-woman went away for ages. congratulations on your new baby-kitty :) i bet maybe his poos are a bit loose cos if changes in his life...foods, surroundings etc, might just be nerves. goof luck on settling in with you all x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Raowr's cute! I hope everything's okay with her - best wishes that all is well ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I will keep the little mite in my purrrrayers for a comforting outcome. I hope you do not think me too ungracious of a kitty for taking such a long time to return your visit. You can only imagine how happy I was to see you come cheer me on while I was so very sick. Mommy was heartbroken and thought for sure I would not regain any of my spirit and was prepared for the worst. But I was worth a small miracle. With your purrrayers and some good medicine, I have regained my strength day by day. Mommy would not have made it through her worries about me without your comfort. Each night we keep you in our prayers and wish you endless Blessings this Thanksgiving season.
    Love and hugs from our house to yours, Miss Peach and the mommy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, whats you'z sayin' about Napoleon's furs?! They'z lovely just the way they are! Though I'z more than happy to give himz a good cleanin' if you'd be so kind as to send him over here this afternoon! :)

    Purrs,
    Isis

    ReplyDelete